Wednesday, March 16, 2011

12WBT - 15/03/11

It's finally here!  Whoo!  The 90min cycle class, which is apparently to do with fitness week - or something like that.  I'm going to head up there shortly (just jotting down brekkie & lunch before I go and kill myself in the name of fitness...).


So, I get to the gym early (to secure a bike) and then go out and spend 15 minutes on the treadmill (sadly, I forgot to turn the HRM on for that part...oops).  After a bit of a warm up on the treadmill (read: nearly killing myself - lol), I went back into the spin room for it to start.  This was when I noticed a sign saying you had to book in.  Fortunately there were spaces - as it transpires, there were lots of spaces!  All up there would've only been around 15 max there.  A bit disappointing - and I don't really have anything to be disappointed about.


It was well fun!  Essentially it was two cycle classes put together (just dropping the faff in the middle of the two - and the intro for the second).  I was fair knackered coming out though.  When I got home and checked the calories burnt, I was a bit poxy as I was hoping to have burnt more.  Nevermind.  Next time, huh?  I am trying to focus more on keeping my heart rate in zone where possible.  Today wasn't so bad on this score, especially when the time included 10 minutes to walk home (this includes waiting to cross River Road - bah!).


Got home at just on 8pm - just as Wifey was dishing up risotto for dinner.  I was famished!  To be fair, I thought I'd be back for seconds...and thirds - that's how hungry I felt.  Was really surprised though.  Didn't go back for seconds.  I ended up being chockers after the first serve.  That's a good thing.


Might have a day off from the gym tomorrow - again.  Am getting slack, eh?  Mind you, we were talking about how much time the gym is starting to take up.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much, we realise that; it's still a good couple of hours each night we go (and I'm trying to go at least 4-5 times a week).  It's all good.  If I could go in the mornings, I would.  I can't - I mean I can, I just don't want to.  If I go in the mornings, I have to start work later; then I'd have to finish later and I'd be in exactly the same predicament ;)


Meals
Breakfast: puffed rice, linseed, grapes & LF Greek yoghurt
Lunch: sandwich: wholemeal bread, chicken schnitzel, tomato, lettuce
Dinner: roast pumpkin risotto


Exercise
Cycle marathon - 2 x RPM classes back-to-back.
Time: 2:05
Calories: 1693
Average HR: 145
Max HR: 172
In zone: 1:46 (am getting better with this :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment