Sunday, February 27, 2011

12WBT - 27/02/11

Woke up feeling tired still but it was a different tiredness.  I think not having meat yesterday really helped me!  So over meat...


Poor Wifey felt like a sleep-in and I was restless.  The two don't work well together (as I've discovered in the past) so I got up and did the ironing.  Wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  We'd decided last night to go to the movies this morning and off to the movies we went!


Black Swan, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, is not a bad movie.  I love the darkness (and Natalie Portman...well, need I say more?  Hmm, Kiera Knightly...mmm).  The storyline worked well and it was a welcome distraction from my grumpy mood (which I think Wifey was well pleased about!).


We never had breakfast this morning (oops, our bad) so after the movie finished around 1pm, we were feeling a bit peckish.  I was so tempted to chuck out the detoxing but I didn't.  I had a lovely wee salad (no dressing) instead.  Didn't quite fill me up but I knew what was on the cards for dinner :)

Had to go pick a couple of things up from Freedom and then get groceries.  Ooopsies - someone left the shopping list behind.  Pants!  Oh well, we managed to muddle through and - on the check when we got home - discovered we hadn't missed anything off.  Go us!



The evening was spent doing mundane things (watering the garden, cooking, dishes and helping Wifey out with some things for school).  It was actually a chilled end to what had been a terrible weekend (terrible in the sense of me being moody).


Have definitely decided to call it quits on this diet crap.  I'm not one for diets as a rule but thought I'd try it - I will see out the next week (bless my wife, she has the patience of a saint!).  I want something sustainable.  As this weekend ended up proving, having five meals a day isn't necessarily sustainable - life has a habit of getting in the way.  I'm happy for this to happen.  Eating specific things at set times is overrated, methinks :)


Meals

Meals 1 & 2
Didn't have as got up late & went to the movies.
Meal 3 (2pm)
Sumo Salad - cos lettuce, tomato, egg, chickpeas, beetroot (no dressings)

Meal 4
Didn't have as were out & about.
Meal 5
Veal meatballs with zucchini, eggplant, onion, green beans

Exercise
Walking around (well, meandering) counts for something...

No comments:

Post a Comment