Monday, February 7, 2011

12WBT - 05/02/11

Oh.  My.  God.


It was SO bloody hot through the night (we find out later that apparently it didn't dip below 28 degrees the whole night!).  It was difficult to sleep comfortably.  I didn't even bother getting under the doona - slept on top of it - with the fan on the whole night.  If I thought it was difficult sleeping, it was more so waking up at 5.15am for the SunRun.


We got to Dee Why - all set and rearing to go - to find that it was still very, very warm.  According to my trusty iPhone, it was 26 degrees at 6.45am (start time).  To be fair, I don't think the phone is that trusty - it told me it was 27 degrees when I finished 45mins later.  It was well hotter than that!


The run itself was fun.  I'm really enjoying these.  Granted, I don't run as much as I should (I made a point of forcing myself to run up all the hills that they don't tell you about in their advertising materials!) but it's still fun.  The atmosphere is wonderful.  Everyone's so happy and also so supportive of each other.


I managed to make the 7km in 46 minutes (30 seconds more than my workmate...grr), while Wifey (still suffering from a knee prob) managed to walk it in 56 minutes.  We were both happy.  I think I could've knocked a couple of minutes off my time had it not been so hot.  Something to aim for in the future :)


The rest of the day was pretty much a write-off!  Sooooo hot.  Went to the mall to get some air con and decided to go to a movie at 6.20pm to make the most of the air con.  Well.  What a farce that was.  Their air con wasn't working and we sat and sweltered in the cinema - lol.  That'll learn us - haha.  Had the movie not been so good I would've walked out.  If you haven't seen it, The King's Speech, is well worth going to :)


Meals
Breakfast: egg muffin
Lunch/dinner: chinese (we went for the convenience option at the mall *sigh*)


Exercise
SunRun - 7km run from Dee Why to Manly.
Time: 46:13
Calories: 825
Average HR: 171
Max HR: 187
In zone: 1:37 (one minute! Guess that's to be expected when the average is 171!)

No comments:

Post a Comment